Re: LF: Re.Re LF Beacon signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re.Re LF Beacon signals
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:36:26
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie,

you're right about the 8-shaped pattern, in fact the pattern is very
similar to that of a lambda/2 dipole (in free space).
A Marconi antenna has more directivity than a loop (4.8dBi versus 1.8dBi).
Radiation patterns of both antennas are very different, a loop is much more
sensitive to 'high angle' signals. So it all depends of where the QRN
sources are.

73, Rik  ON7YD