Re: LF: 136 kHz transmission tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 kHz transmission tests
From: "Claudio" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 23:51:05 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Steve and all,
                OK for the suggestion.
I'm sorry but for now I can't change the frequency because I transmit
from my holiday home and I'm using a 27 Mhz CB Xtal on my transmitter.
In my usual home I have two other Xtals, one for 135.975 kHz and the
other one for 137.525 kHz. May be that one of those is good for a
beacon? For the next week-end I change the frequency according yours
suggestions.

73 de Claudio, IK2PII

Steve Rawlings wrote:

Hi Claudio!
You wrote:
> I'm planning to transmit some slow CW beacon from 7 to 10
> december.  My working conditions: QRG 136.375 kHz,
> Pout about 100W, 30 m wire antenna,
> QTH locator is jn45pu 50 km north Milano.
136.375 kHz is not a very appropriate frequency for a beacon, as
it falls within the portion of the band 136.0 to 137.4 kHz
normally used for two-way conventional CW.  I wonder whether you
have an alternative frequency?

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG

--

Claudio Pozzi       http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii       happy Linux user
E-Mail: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>