LF: 73kHz Last night/This morning

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz Last night/This morning
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:11:11 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Thanks to DF6NM and ON4ZK for the cross-band QRSS contacts last night; also thanks to DK5PT and G3OLB for the reception reports. I did not hear any other stations on 73kHz last night.

As usual, I was using 350W, giving an antenna current around 2A. I had the antenna wound up into it's inverted V configuration with an average height of about 12m last night, however it was in it's lowered position this morning, with average height about 7.5m.

The Rugby transmitter was still off air this morning, and the band was uncannily quiet - now would be a good opportunity for some activity on the band.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU