LF: Re: Crossed Field Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Crossed Field Antenna
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:39:26 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC
Martin G5CIZ wrote:
My attention has recently been drawn to the concept of the Cross
Field
Anntena. Which if it works might be the solution to problems of power
and
sixe. I quote the attached snipit from the antennex web site.

Yes, as Jim comments, the CFA antenna has been discussed on here
several times over the years.  The extract you quote from the antennex
site does not seem to have changed from when I first looked at it some
two years ago, and I guess the number of working CFA installations has
not increased much in that time either.  We are still waiting to see
results from the promised long wave installation on the Isle of Man,
but from what I hear that project is dragging on with problems not
neccessarily related to the CFA.  In general the dimensions would as
Jim says make it impractical for most amateurs, whatever the band, and
it seems you can always do better with a more conventional antenna,
whatever the frequency.

You will notice there is no mention of it in the new LF source book!!!

Cheers Dave
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd