LF: Transatlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 07:56:02 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John and all,

as Alan has observed before, transatlantic condx appear to be quite good lately. Last night's spectrogram showed CFH on 137.742 peaking 26 dBuV/m several times, and rather consistently above 15 dBuV/m for most of the time until 7:30. Yes, SVX has moved down again. I see its RTTY as a bright strip from 135.70 to 135.80, the strongest signal on the band at dark (approx. 40dBuV/m). This will render the lower band edge useless for the EU-NA-direction as well. We could shift our little "transatlantic qrss band plan" up by 200 Hz. Alternatively, 137.79 might be best both ways, at least with CFH in the current idle mode.

Of course I'd love to be in business myself, but I'm restricted to rare occasions of zero wind: To radiate any reasonable signal, I have to fly the balloon antenna.

What are the chances for a 73 / 137 kHz transatlantic crossband QSO?

73s de Markus, DF6NM