LF: Re: Re. 72Khz etc,

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re. 72Khz etc,
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:00:19 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I dont know how to calculate the voltage at the end of a top loading
wire,but I use two ribbed ceramic insulators with a peice of terelene rope
(5mm) between.The rope has burnt through!!! Guess our authorities knew a
thing or two when they allowed us 1W ERP. bet they thought they will never
get there,mebbe they were right. Hi. 73s Laurie..

I had this problem when I used just plastic string as an insulator. I solved
the problem by using loops of white cable tie as insulators. As you are near
the sea, you may have the same trouble as Mike, GW4HXO. His insulators were
covered in salt (I tasted one!!). Perhaps some grease on the insulator will
help.

Mike, G3XDV

PS. I did not get on 73k last Friday as my virus got really bad and I have
only now got out of bed. Should be active next Friday.