LF: Re: the old LF source book

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: the old LF source book
From: "MAL HAMILTON" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:25:12 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Cleall <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: 15 December 2000 11:36
Subject: LF: the old LF source book

Sounds like the LF source book of a couple of years ago. Most of the
information was obsolete and bore no resemblence to the achievements
taking
place when it was published. I think 23 km was the record when in fact I
had
worked OH1TN and got 579 on normal morse when it went to print.
G3KEV

I do not understand why you have to be so rude about the source book. When
it was published  I believe it was a genuine attempt to get the best
information that was available, and easily reproducible, quickly  out to
the
interested beginners. I for one have constantly referred to various
sections
of it, often going back and picking up a few more nuggets by re reading.

Keep reading your comic and enjoy the Noddy BK cartoons. Can't say I have
heard your signal on 136 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G3KEV

Surely that is the purpose of a source book.

Records by their very nature are transient things which most of us
appreciate, will, at some stage, be overtaken. The technical content
however
can be reused. As shown by our use of of documentation of LF work done in
the 1920's to 1950's.

peter G8AFN