LF: Re: LF Loops and LF Source Book

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF Loops and LF Source Book
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:36:55 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dave Sergeant wrote:

Thanks John for the interesting technical email on your receive loops.

I built the 'LNP loop and found the balance difficult to achieve without
good deal of component value fudging. The performance was poor and the
signals lacked 'presence'. I disconnected the amplifier and put a couple
of additional turns to form a pick-up loop, which was then fed into a
Datung converter, which worked much better. I will implement a couple of
suggestions, on this reflector, to improving the amplifier and report
back.

It is refreshing to note several ideas coming from the earlier issue
of the source book.  Although it was suggested this could be thrown
away now we have the smarter looking new one, quite a few ideas are
only in that one, eg transmit loops, SWR bridges, GDOs etc.  The
information in it certainly has not dated, even though newer
techniques and practices have come along since.

When I compiled the Low Frequency Handbook I made a point not trying to
include information which was already in the LF Source Book. The main
exception was Bill Bowers contribution on coil design.

I thank you all for your kind comments and update information on these
books.

Peter, G3LDO