LF: ve1zz, g3kev

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ve1zz, g3kev
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 05:33:31 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mal, G3KEV wrote:

Except you are extremely lucky the chance of being heard in VE/W with the
average 40 ft vertical or low long wire is nil.<

... and it is exactly that little chance that fascinates me (and possibly
other's trying to do the same) and it's that challenge that I am working on
(well, ok, my umbrella is not 40 ft high but 59 ft, so may it be already
considered a medium sized small-vertical antenna...?).
For a 100%-chance QSO I either use an appropriate shortwave band or the
Internet!

Best 73 es Merry Christmas!

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: I am the type of guy that takes a 1 Watt 14 MHz Mizuho CW-TX with a 2
x 5m dipole to Perth/Australia and hopes for a QSO with my father, DL6PE,
back home ... and it *worked*!