Re: LF: EasyGram 1.21

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EasyGram 1.21
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:59:45 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Petr,
This made me laugh, because you could say I am in the same business (writing
software professionally since 1964) and I know only too well how easy it is
to make a mistake and how you don't find it until it has just gone out of
the door to a customer.
So for this reason I have learnt that new versions must not be sent out
straight away. It needs to mature a while in house.

Alan tells me that you have an interest in Loop antennas. I have been using
Loops for receive for a couple or more years now with great success. My
vertical picks up a lot of local noise and is almost unusable for receive.
Recently I completed a variation on the KI0LE design which is now working
really well, about 12 dB better than the G3LNP loop. However it is sensitive
to noise pick-up, so it depends on the time of day and local QRM. Ideally a
loop should be screened, but that is impractical with the new design (too
much wind resistance). It is particularly good for me at night, when the
local noise seems to disappear.
I have described my experiences on my web site:
www.g4cnn.f2s.com
If you need any more information, such as constructional details, please let
me know.

73 John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/