LF: LF crystals

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF crystals
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:45:33 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF group,
Looking through my box of crystals recently, I found some operating in the range 30 - 40kHz. They are in glass envelopes, and I noticed that the metalisation on each side of the quartz plate is divided into two halves, giving four electrodes. On some units, all four electrodes are connected to seperate pins, while on others two diagonally oposite electrodes are commoned, giving only 3 external connections. They look a little like 2 pole monolithic crystal filters, but have no bandwidth marked on them, and I have not heard of such filters being used at low frequencies.

Does anybody know how these 3 and 4 terminal crystals are used? Just curious really.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU