LF: Re: Hellschreiber

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Hellschreiber
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:39:57 +0200
Cc: "Koos Fockens, PA0KDF" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Does anyone run the mechanical Hell' in this country? I think I once saw
one
in action many years ago. From memory the display was produced by a
continously rotating helix which was brought into contact with the moving
paper strip by a solenoid. Quite ingenious!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]

Hello Alan and others,

There are several ones in your country Alan, eg at the Science Museum.

I also worked G's using a machine, for instance the late G5XB and others
whose calls I  can't remember.

I have one on "permanent" loan from PA0AOB and are using it on the air
since 1976.

There is a  Hellschreiber meeting on Sundays at 14.30 UTC (in winter 15.40
UTC) at about
3580kHz using the "Feldhell" system.

You can learn a lot about the Hellschreiber by visiting one of the
websites of Murray Greenman, ZLBPU, for instance:

http://www..qsl.net/zl1bpu/FUZZY/History/history.html

Software for it can be downloaded from

http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/FUZZY/starting.html

Murray can be contacted at  [email protected]

An informative article on the Hellscreiber by ZL1BPU can be found in QST
January 2000: "Let's See you in Hellschreiber". It contains a photograph of
"my" machine.

73, Dick, PAoSE