Re: LF: a really weak signal in Canada....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: a really weak signal in Canada....
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 14:22:02 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Larry Kayser wrote:

Greetings:

I don't know if this has been tried before, but I just tried it and it
worked nicely.
[snip]
I recorded some 578 seconds of audio to hard disk at 7200 samples per sec.
[snip]

Seems really a good idea, which could attract also the
die-hard CW-must-be-copied-by-ears crop around.

Just one simple question : why 7200 samples/sec ? It is not a standard
sound card sampling rate. Is there a specific reason for this sampling speed ?
Perhaps Bill was using an external A/D converter. For the technique to
become widespread and accepted by many (all), it shouldn't rely on an
ad-hoc hardware. Modern sound cards have superb A/D converters,
so why not use them ?

73,
Alberto    I2PHD