LF: M0BMU/P

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: M0BMU/P
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 16:46:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

I can confirm similar reports that others have given:

Big antenna, 80mW      s9
Small antenna, 80mW   s9+5dB
Big antenna, 1W erp     s9+12dB

I have nothing noted to be sure, but when Derek was operating from
Puckeridge on the Wednesay evening he was considerably stronger, if I
remember correctly around s9+25dB.  He seemed to have a big pile up of DL
stations calling him, this did not seem to be the case this time. Possibly
there is some discrepancy in calculating the powers required for the ERP
from the two antennas, or in measuring them.  The small antenna was putting
out the sort of signal I would have expected from such a station, and was
fairly similar to both Jim's home signal and Mike G3XDV who is not far away.
I would have expected the Puckeridge mast to be rather stronger, certainly
G3LNP in Tring who claims to run 1W erp is at least 25 over s9.

Thankyou Jim for organising this weekend's activity.  I did call on several
occasions but it seemed you were not hearing me - strange!

Cheers Dave
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd