LF: Re: Optimal width for LF?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Optimal width for LF?
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:59:11 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Petr asked:

What bandwidth do you use and what is the
experience?<

I have a W&G selective level meter AT-611 that has a 24 Hz filter and it is
great and I like it very much.  I would be happy down to 10 or 15 Hz as
well, all copy visually on CRT.  I have copied the Indian LF CW signal and
it is easy to copy at the 12 wpm speed (about) that he was sending.  For me,
the goal of the IF filter is to knock down adjacent QRM as quickly as
possible.

I have not regularly physically tuned a radio for some years now, I prefer
all tuning to be by the keyboard or under Mouse control.  The use of precise
incremental frequency steps in tuning makes the use of very narrow filters
somewhat easier but it has taken practice however I find it more comfortable
now to operate this way.

Larry
VA3LK