Re: LF: Decca Tx

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decca Tx
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 20:01:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Walter

The UK Decca Navigator transmitters shut down for public use this weekend.
Most sites have already been sold for other purposes but a few will remain in
working order for a few months.

I have now got hold of the documentation for the Decca system - most interesting

I would like to include an illustration of the trasmitter module and the loading coils for interest (how the professionals do it) in the LF book. How do I go about getting permission? Who should I write to? Or should you do it as the RSGB/Decca liason man?

I have also got hold of some Litz wire and a solder pot. Judging by the abount of Litz wire at the Crawley club there is going to be quite a lot of this stuff in circulation so some advice on how to terminate this wire might might be in order in the book. I know you have some expertise in this area - can it be put over in an e-mail to me?

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>