LF: RE: LF Amplifiers etc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: LF Amplifiers etc
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 14:59:50 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks for that, you've just saved me some work.  I'm playing with a
TDA2005 bridge audio amplifier for 10 watts off a 12v rail (since I had
one spare), but that older device is a bit prone to instability into
anything other than a perfect resistive load.
The simplicity of the LM1875 circuitry makes the effort of using a 30V
rail (via a switch mode PSU from 12V) worthwhile.

Farnell do this device too, and also I see in their catalogue the LM1876
which appears to be a pair of '1875 types in one package.   50 watts
from a bridge perhaps ?

On the subject of linear amps.  I'm also investigating the idea of a
pulse width mod. voltage controller for class D PAs.  Then by separating
out envelope and phase information from complex modulation waveforms, an
efficient PA could be used without the trouble of going through SSB
driver stages and probably a transverter.   The authors of a lot of the
modem software could hopefully be persuaded to make amplitude and phase
info available separately.

Watch this space.

Andy  G4JNT