LF: 71,8KHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 71,8KHz
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 11:24:13 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Decca Crew!

To G3GRO and crew
Hrd u 579 on 71,8KHz at 1550utc in JN59NO, strong QRN, QSO with DK8KW on
137.
vy gd sig, 73 Walter DJ2LF

Yes, indeed, a very good signal. 569 here in JO52BH, that is 697 km.
Checked briefly the fieldstrength calibration with my 1m loop and DCF77 on
77.5 kHz and came roughly to a correlation of 0 dBu = 125 dB micro Volt/m.
With your -99 dBu signal, this gives a field strength of roughly 26 dB
micro Volt/m. From the CCIR chart for 60 kHz (none available for 71 kHz) my
best guess for your ERP would be 16 Watt. You said in our QSO, your antenna
current was 9 Amps, so taking the reduced efficientcy of the 325 ft tower
for 71.8 kHz into account, that seems to be reasonable.

Thanks for the great experience!

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)