LF: Puckeridge tests 14/15 th April - Proposed Schedules

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Puckeridge tests 14/15 th April - Proposed Schedules
From: "DEREK ATTER" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:53:29 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LFer's

The Notice of Licence Variation  from the Radio Communiction Agency has
just approved to operate up to100W ERP from the 325 ft Decca mast on both
the 73Khz band (callsign G3GRO) and the 136Khz band (callsign G3WSC) over
the weekend 14/15/16 April !!

Herewith the proposed initial operating periods for the forthcoming weekend
from the old Decca site :- From 16-00 UTC - 1700UTC 73Khz Band 1W ERP
                      17-00 UTC - 20-00 UTC       136Khz Band  1W   ERP

                       20-00 UTC - 2100 UTC         73Khz  Band  1W ERP

                       21-00 UTY - 2300UTC          136Khz Band 1W ERP

After CQs we will indicate where we will be QRX ,   We also  hope to be
able to QSX HF bands

   Note #  We may run some tests for limited periods at higher ERP
reducing in steps from a maximum 100W  ERP                     ( 1Kw RF to
antenna)    announcing the ERP at each level

From 2300 -05-30 UTC 137.710 Khz Beacon mode -- sending alternate callsign G3WSC for 10 secs (about 5wpm) and then 10sec pause, then callsign again etc. ERP up to a maximum of 100W
      Later schedules for Saturday onwards will be posted on the reflector

The operators involved at various times over the weekend will be - G3KAU, G3GRO, G0MRF,G3XDV, M0BMU , G3XTZ, G3YXM, G3YSX On site mobile phone no. 07790 242930 Contact station back home - Peter
G3LDO   Tel No: 01903 770 804  or E-mail

    NB.  The  key clicks reported by some stations at close range after
the first setting -up tests have hopefully been            addressed.

               73,   de  G3GRO, G3KAU, G0MRF