LF: Re: G3WSC/P acty

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G3WSC/P acty
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:08:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Eh what??

Square wave generators/dividers and class D/E amplifiers are fine for
small antennas and low erp but NOT SUITABLE for larger antennas and high
power. An abundance of LPF and BP filters might help to clean up the
signal.

I think you're getting confused with high levels of harmonic output, which
class D amplifiers can suffer from if not properly filtered, and sideband
energy from fast rise and fall times of the transmitted envelope.
LPF will NOT help!
This can happen with any kind of amplifier, I key my class D PA with a
tailored rise and fall, series device.

Oh, and by the way, they were using a linear amplifier!
(It was a little bit clicky though...)

Dave 'YXM.