LF: Tuesday evening

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Tuesday evening
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:52:23 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Derek & Lech (I don't know if Lech has an E-mail address)

Thanks for an interesting evening at Puckeridge - It was good to meet up with yourselves and Mike, and also to play around with a 'real man's antenna'! I'm sure the weekend will go quite smoothly, now the preliminary debugging has been done.
I don't think you have too much to worry about G3KEV's
comments; the signal seemed pretty clean on my measuring
receiver a few hundred yards away.
I dried out one of those small variometers and tested it at 100kHz
on an HP4275 LCR meter at the university - L is variable between
82 and 356uH, the equivalent series resistance stays pretty
constant at around 0.6ohms. So it's just right for fine tuning a
136kHz loading coil.
i spoke to Dave Lauder about your BT data line problem; he said
he measured some rather large noise levels, and is going to E-mail
you about his findings
I'll be in touch again before Friday - I'm still thinking about setting
up a smaller antenna for comparisons.
Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU