Re: LF: New GW on 136

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New GW on 136
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:04:50 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
John G4GVC wrote:

Gave another station his first LF QSO on Saturday:-
Look out for GW4HXO on 136kHz. Mike is located near St. Davids in West
Wales.

Congratulations on providing another 'first', John.  When I spoke to
Mike GW4HXO on the 'phone about 3 weeks ago, he said that he was getting
close to making his first LF QSO . . . .  and I thought of you
immediately!
Another GW station getting QRV is Stu GW3XYW (near Swansea) who has
operated in the past using a good-sized loop, making CW QSOs on 136 kHz
into Europe with ease. He also worked Finbar for the first EI/GW QSO. Stu has recently re-configured his antenna in the form of an inverted L - about 210 ft long and 35 ft high. TX power is about 400 W.
I think that the good antennas in use at these stations should make it
possible for more LF operators to work their first GW on 136 kHz.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG