LF: Re.Folded dipoles etc.

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re.Folded dipoles etc.
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:25:22 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bob,
I have now had a chance to do a bit more modelling.I tried an aditional "droopy"
top wire with the followihg results:-
1) No change in R.Res!
2)Change in Xc from 2600 to 1900 ohms.
I suppose this is what could be expected,and no doubt further top wires would produce  a further increase in "C".There will be secondary effects of course reduction in coil loss and reduction in voltage on vert. part of ant which may help if nearby objects etc.However its a lot of wire to keep up Hi and only a small improvement.If the "droopy wires were taken to a spreader at the centre of the ant. they could be kept under control! So thanks for the idea,but I guess we have to keep on looking. 73s Laurie.