Re: LF: RE: MSF (6O kHz) and DCF77 (77.5 kHz)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: MSF (6O kHz) and DCF77 (77.5 kHz)
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:34:23 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thank you all for supplying the information I requested. May I explain what
is going on?

Last weekend the British Cave Research Association's Cave Radio and
Electronics Group performed some tests in the Yorkshire Dales with a view to
finding, amongst other things, whether we could null out some of the
interference we experience with cave radios.

The principal source of interference is LORAN C (known in cave radio circles
as The Galloping Horses) but this of course is a somewhat variable signal .
We use MSF and DCF as more nearly constant signals for testing the
directivity of our surface arrays .

Our results should be published in the next issue of the correct a journal.

73 de
John Rabson G3PAI