LF: cross-band conditions.

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: cross-band conditions.
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:31:17 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all.

I have just spent a frustrating day trying to work Valerio IK5ZPV crossband
73/136. We had taken it for granted that the difficult bit would be hearing
the 73k signal at Valerio's QTH....  In fact he copied me at 0700, 1300 and
1400hrs but I saw nothing of his signal on 137.700 . Those of you who have
worked or heard him, know that Valerio has a very good signal on 136k,
usually quite workable on normal CW. So why could I not see him today? Beats
me!
I assume that conditions vary more than we imagine. Reducing Valerio's
signal from 569 to a level where there is no trace against a quiet
background on Spetrogram must take 20dB or so.
Did anyone hear him calling me?
Am I deaf?
Am I paranoid?

BTW. Nice DFCW signal from G3AQC tonight. How long have you had that working
Laurie?

73, Dave G3YXM.