LF: 73kHz/136kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz/136kHz
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:57:56 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Congratulations to G3LDO and IK5ZPV on another excellent 'first' on 73kHz.

I hope to be QRV on around 71.8kHz again this evening from about 1930 onwards - if I don't see any other signals on the band, I will try for crossband QSO's, listening around 137.7kHz. I also plan to be active on 73kHz for an hour or so from 0800 Saturday morning.

Interesting to see Christer's new field strength data, and the other information that has been turned up - I am still working on a portable field strength system, but have been very pushed for time lately. Hope to have some new input soon though.

I now have my new 350W PA running on both bands, and initial results have been very encouraging, with QSO's with OH1TN and DJ9IE on 136kHz for the first time last Saturday.

Hope to see you on the bands,

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU