Re: LF: Balloon flying

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Balloon flying
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:35:22 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 3/14/00 7:10:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< I think metres are unknown the other side of the pond. They even measure the size of the engine bay in cubic inches >>

Well, fans of classic engines measure displacement in cubic inches, but most of us nowadays refer to ours in liters...which is also how we buy Coca-Cola and other non-alcoholic beverages. Strangely, though, we still buy fuel for our engines by the gallon.

The reason for this dichotomy would make an interesting research project for a doctoral candidate somewhere, I should think. <g>

73,
John