Re: LF: CFH Identification

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CFH Identification
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:48:17 +0100
Data: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 09:42:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
In 09.23 05/03/00 , Alan G3NYK wrote:

Hi Marco, another tip from Jon was that around the operator shift-change
time (about 2300z) the mod will usually be killed and the two extreme shift
frequencies applied just long enough for the oncomming operators to read a
frequency counter, before the mod is returned. I have seen this happen at
around 2315z but as early as 2250z

I noticed this at 2255z of March 3. Firstly the low tone for 13 seconds, then
the
high tone for 7 sec.

The shift should be 85 or 86 Hz (counting pixels on Spectrogram image ...)

At that time the MSK carrier was quite weak, hard to recognize, because of the
spreading of the modulation. S/N of the unmodulated carrier is at least 30 dB in 1.3 Hz band. And then
the signal becomes louder ... maximum for me is around 0200z, +/- 30 minutes,
and the signal is about 20 dB louder than at 23z, so giving roughly 50 dB of
s/n
in 1.3 Hz, or 55 dB in 0.3 Hz.

Well, what is the ERP of CFH ? 100 kW ?

Wow. Maybe we don't need X-class flares, after all.

73 - Marco

Marco Bruno - IK1ODO
[email protected]

SPIN Electronics - www.spin-it.com