Re: LF: 73kHz this evening

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73kHz this evening
From: "Toni Baertschi" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 15:29:02 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
What is your exact frequency on 73?

73 de HB2ASB

James Moritz wrote:

Dear LF Group,
        I Intend to be on 73kHz this evening - probably won't be home
much before 2000utc, so will be on the air a little after that. I also
intend to operate Saturday morning from around 0800 for an hour
at least, to try to take advantage of lower noise levels that will
hopefully exist at some QTH's in the morning. I will be using normal
CW and QRSS.

For the last few days, the Rugby TX has been putting out a carrier
at about 73.15kHz, and a RTTY - like signal with 100Hz shift and
73.3kHz centre frequency. I am not sure whether this actually
reduces the noise level lower down the band, but it does seem to
be more organised into broad lines, rather than the continuous
mush it was previously - so this could benefit QRSS signals.

Hope to see you later,

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU