LF: Re: New Antenna.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: New Antenna.
From: "FINBAR O'CONNOR" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:57:44 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks to all  for the kind comments on my return to the band.

Message for  Rik
Regarding the spacing of the  4 wire  horizontal  , the two  horizontal support bars  are  just over  3 metres long.
The 4 wires are spaced  one metre apart,  one  wire at each end  and the other two  in   1 metre from them.
However the 4 wires  although  90 metres long,  only start to spread out  out when they have risen up  to about
7 metres  above the feed through in the window, then spread apart over a distance of   9 metres  to the first and
main  spreader  at  a height of  10 metres  and then at the  spacing given above  to the other side of the farmers
field. Each wire is terminated  alone.
With this set up  the  tuning inductance  was  measured at  950 uH.
Today  I  added  a single wire  at  right angles to the  main  4 wire section.  This is  60 metres long and  joins
along with the  bunch of 4 wires at the 7 metre point above ground and on into the shack.
Adding this  bit  reduced the tuning inductance  by  100 uH  to  850 uH.
This new wire  runs up at a slope to a  large tree in a neighbours garden about  40 metres away. This  required
me climbing up to a  height of  25 metres. I will be  52 next birthday.......I must be NUTS.
I am still picking bits of branches out of my  ears, mind you the view was great.

Message to  Valerio/ IK5ZPV.
Regarding a  sked.   How about  136.700 khz   at   1900,  2000 ,  2100,  2200.
I will call you  starting on the hour.  Then I will listen for you.
I heard  I5MXX  this evening.  Called him , but he did not hear me. Pity.

Message to  Laurie/ G3AQC.
Your signal later on this evening was very very weak.  Just about copied you.
Compared to your  signal  earlier, which was  539, no comparision.  I expect
you were running  qrp. Thanks for both contacts.

Best regards
Finbar    EI0CF     Malin Head.