Re: LF: DX Cluster spots for Feb 19/20 on GB7DXM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DX Cluster spots for Feb 19/20 on GB7DXM
From: "Toni Baertschi" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:32:12 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
From HB9ASB, JN36pt

Hello Mike,
I did not recognize any instability during my QSO with Cesare. But It was
the first time I heard him and maybe the problem was cured in the meantime

73 de Toni

Mike Dennison wrote:

Alan, G3NYK wrote:
>   HB2ASB QRS calling 15TGC pulled all stops out but no signs of
> Cesare here (.685 to .770)

To Alan,

Cesare appears to have a rather interesting oscillator - a bit like the
one I used to use. So his transmission drifts and wobbles by a few
Hz. This has the advantage that it is easily recognised, but the
disadvantage that the averaging on the DSP is not fully realised.

To Cesare,

It would help your signal if you could make it more stable.
Successful oscillators include divided down crystals, synthesisers
and mixed VXOs. There are some oscillator circuits referenced from
my Links web page.

I can't claim any success for my stability improvements - they are all
down the generosity of David, G0MRF, who built the synthesiser I
use, but it does make a difference.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm