LF: Folded dipoles and meander antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Folded dipoles and meander antennas
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:14:36 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,

There was an article in Technical Topics, RadCom August 1999, where
efficient short meander antennas are described.

I am thinking of changing the top of my T antenna to a folded dipole or
perhaps multiple folds (zig zagging backwards and forwards to improve the
top loading and move the current antinode higher up the vertical. The idea
is that the folds should be in series rather than parallel. With 5 lengths
of 100 metres or 10 lengths of 50 metres, one could have a quarter wave up
in the sky.

Does anyone have access to a program or can point me to one, which would
allow me to model an antenna of this type?

73s John, G4CNN.

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com