LF: G3LDO heard(seen?)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3LDO heard(seen?)
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:13:55 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

Saw G3LDO calling CQ using slow cw on 137.630 at approx. 2310z tonight 12.02.2000, a rock-solid signal 30dB above next door's washing machine here near Coventry.

Not DX judging by what I have read on the reflector, but quite pleasing to know my fledgling (Rx) system is actually working! ( and since you didn't seem to get a reply, I can assure you your Tx is working as well, Peter!)

Seriously, I would be very grateful for any advice on what I should be able to hear (see) so that I can judge the efficacy of my setup, and hopefully set goals for improvement.

Current equipment is - 1.5m x 1.5m square tuned loop in roofspace, MOSFET tuned RF amplifier with 4 tuned circuits, NE612 converter with 10.0000 MHz xtal osc (very easy for frequency readout) into TS130SE (no narrow IF filter) and 4 pole active RC filter with 110 Hz 6-dB bandwidth.

Hope to be QRV myself in next couple of weeks, but only QRP - so stateside stations may experience difficulty with my signal!

73 de Paul, G4MD