LF: RE: 73.4kHz Rugby ...more thoughts

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: 73.4kHz Rugby ...more thoughts
From: "Nan and Sandy Sanders" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:17:36 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi, we some times see drifting lines spaced 60 or 120 Hz apart that are harmonics of the 60 Hz line frequency. The drift at 60 Hz (or 50 Hz in your case) is very small but when multiplied 2 or 3 thousand times will show up. I would not expect power supply problems with the transmitter to show up this way. The sidebands should have the same stability as the line (though 100Hz from the carrier would be times 2 , 200Hz times 4 etc) unless they were running on a backup generator that was having some problem holding the load :-).
                                        Sandy
                                        WB5MMB