Re: LF: 73 kHz.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73 kHz.
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:24:49 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I would like to thank all the listeners for reports on the 73 kHz signals.
I managed good contacts with G3YXM, M0BMU and G3LDO. Maybe we could
designate Friday night as 73 kHz Test Night, to try and encourage some
more activity.

73 de Graham B. Phillips.  G3XTZ.

In principle, a great idea. But some of us (am I the only one?) have to do some work outside to alter the system to work on 73, and we could do with some daylight.

Anyway, I will do my best to be there on whatever day is agreed.

I am off the air at the moment which was why I was unable to be on 73 on Tuesday morning. Changed system to work on 160m (UHF!) for the CQ WW contest. This was great fun - worked ZX0A with just 100W - and showed just how much my LF activities had led me to improve the performance of the antenna at 1.8MHz. But when I reinstalled everything to LF last Monday evening I couldn't get any current up the antenna. Must be doing something silly but I am now waiting for some daylight time to find out what it is. Expect to be back on the air at the weekend.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm