LF: Re: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:26:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

In spite of my pessimism yesterday, Rugby on 73.4 has been off periodically
during today, the first Tuesday, between 0845 and 1500.  It reappeared at
intervals , and I thought they may have been trying to sort their noise
problems.  It now appears to be back on as normal, and there is still some
noise but it does seem lower than in the past.  Note that the 60kHz
transmitter has not been switched off at all, it seems they only do what
they are scheduled to do on various days.

I heard Graham G3XTZ calling CQ around 0900 at 569, but nothing else.

Cheers Dave
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd