LF: G3ACQ - DF6NM in DFCW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3ACQ - DF6NM in DFCW
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:02:30 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Laurie, hello all,

that qso was very special for both of us: Your 1st DFCW contact (congrats!), and my 1st 2way-QSO with G-land. Thanks, Laurie, you've really made this a day!

I am using only a short (15m) and low (6m above house and ground) antenna. This was the first QSO after moving the loading coil from indoors to a rooftop position on saturday. With that change, the gain had improved from -45dBi to -39dBi, and my ERP is a blasting 4mW (!) now.

When you called you were OO with about -102dBm (S4, -2dBuV/m), but during the QSO the signal faded down to -10dBuV/m and became barely readable at the end. Also, the wires swinging in the wind caused substantial resonance shifts and tx-power variations. I recorded a spectrogram .bmp which I could send you by email.

Hope to see you again soon... especially in DFCW, its a fantastic mode (at least for the very little baby boys like me).

73s de Markus, DF6NM in JN59NK