LF: re: 8kHz coils

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re: 8kHz coils
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:47:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Bob ZL2CA mentions the use of TV line output transformer cores for use as
but to date I have tended to discard them.  If there is demand I could save
them.

With modern split diode line transformers the ferrite core is frequently not
very easy to remove and so may not always be useable.  In the old days it
was much easier!

Not much activity here this weekend.  Strong winds were causing the
resonance of the loop to change resulting in dangerously fluctuating SWR.
But there appears to have been little activity anyway.

Cheers Dave
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd