LF: Re: 8 kHz loading coil

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 8 kHz loading coil
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:15:49 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Christer,

With the figures you give I estimate you will be getting about 100 KV across
the inductor. An air-cored coil , of substantial size, would seem to be the
best way of doing things.

By the way, in the early days of Rugby Radio (GBR) on 16 kHz they had some
trouble with their loading coil . It appears that it overheated, and set
fire to the wooden building in which it was housed!

73
John Rabson G3PAI