LF: Narrow Bandwidth reception

To: "Rsgb_Lf_Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Narrow Bandwidth reception
From: "Graham Phillips" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:58:10 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all LF'ers.

I would like to know other users experiences using the Spectrogram programs.
I have frequently found that I am only able to detect the weakest stations
using a sample rate of 5.5k with a FFT size of 16384. This gives an
on-screen bandwidth of 86 Hz. If I attempt to see more of the band, either
by increasing the sample rate, or decreasing the FFT size, I am unable to
detect the signal that I know is there.  This seems fairly obvious, in that
decreasing bandwidth should improve signal to noise, but I wonder if all
users have the same results?

73 de Graham B. Phillips.  G3XTZ.