Re: LF: Re.Ground Loss

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re.Ground Loss
From: "g3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:51:49 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

LAWRENCE MAYHEAD wrote:

 I have just measured my TX ant impedance(R term) and it is 120 ohm! much higher than I originally thought.It is of course all ground loss,I am using 3 ground rods close to the TX and the house water/mains system.I wonder wether anyone can  offer me comparitive figs for impedance and details of ground systems?To improve I will have to put in an awful lot of radials! or consider counterpoises.73s Laurie.
All your rf is going into the ground is it any wonder you are only S1 with me if the wind is in the right direction.
You need a better antenna plus a good ground system, an acceptable value would be 50 but aim for 20 ohms.
I am still waiting to hear from you about the dx that you are working when you said in a recent message G3KEV  with his large vertical could not hear you but others with very small antennas   at greater distances were hearing you. Were you joking !!!! or is it alias Walter Mitty.
To encourage you I called and worked you yesterday although you were only 219 and I was generous. Am I your best DX to date - be truthful.