Re: LF: QRSS operating procedure

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS operating procedure
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:23:26
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 11:28 21/01/00 +0000, M0BMU wrote:
Dear LF group,
I am almost ready to go with QRSS; however I have not seen a complete QRSS QSO yet, so I would appreciate some operating procedure guidelines from the regular users of this mode, before taking the plunge.

Operating QRSS is rather simple, just a few 'specialities' :

- QRSS segment (inofficial) is 137600 - 137800, most activity is between
 137700 and 137750
- keep your CQ's short : eg. CQ M0BMU K not CQ CQ CQ M0BMU M0BMU M0BMU PSE K
- report system is the TMO system :
 T = signal traces seen but not good enough for a QSO
 M = weak signal but good enough for a QSO
 O = perfect copy

some practical tips :
- during a QSO (once you are sure that both stations have the calls OK) you
can use the suffixes instead of complete calls
- if you see the end of a QSO and you want to contact one of the stations
you can start calling this station while is previous QSO is going on, just
call on another frequency.
- if replying to a CQ it is good to call NOT exactly on the caller's
frequency, this will avoid QRM in case more than 1 station is responding.

Good luck with QRSS

Rik  ON7YD