Re: LF: Receiving on 137 kHz Band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Receiving on 137 kHz Band
From: "Toni Baertschi" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:44:20 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
From HB2ASB, JN36pt

I have tried this receiver and from the performance side it is one of
the best I have ever tested but I would not buy it!
For me, ham radio is a hobby and not a profession (may be this is one of
the reasons why I have only one call sign) and I love nice looking
equipment with a good ergonomic front panel. The KWZ is one of the
ugliest pieces I've ever seen and very cumbersome to operate with it's
one knob concept (like the AOR3030).
Have a look at a Collins 51-S-1, this peace of beauty has really a soul,
it is a kind of artwork.
I told them in Friedrichshafen that they should get an industrial
designer and the answer was that this would be too expensive. They have
no idea about marketing - really a flop. I'll keep my (modified) RF590.

73 de Toni

"Soegiono, Gamal" wrote:

Dear LF friends

Hope you all experienced a "good landing" in new year 2000.

Using the DSP Receiver KWZ30 manufactured by Kneisner & Doering