Fw: LF: Loops

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: Fw: LF: Loops
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:14:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Peter, G3LDO wrote:

Provided you are not too bothered about the deep nulls loop antennas
with side-by-side windings are good for DX if they are over a metre
in diameter. This construction (see the PA0SE design in the RSGB
Communication Handbook and the G3LNP design in Radcom July 1999)
allows the individual wires of the windings to be spaced to reduce
the loop internal capacity and increase the Q.

I can confirm that my frame-type loop antenna produces a null of at least 50
dB as I found out on the strong signal from DCF139.

73, Dick, PA0SE