LF: 73kHz QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz QSO
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:21:06 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 1920 last night, I had a successful contact on 72.0kHz with M0BMU. We exchanged 559 reports at a distance of 11km. The noise on the band is still very bad (my meter drops from 9 to 1 when I go from 72 to 70kHz, and from 74 to 76kHz).

This is Jim's first contact on the 73kHz band, and comes soon after his first QSOs on 136. He is to be congratulated for his early successes.

This brings my total on 73k to 4 two-way QSOs and 11 stations heard. Best DX is GD0MRF on QRSs at 400km. Jim was the first QSO below 100km!! Best CW QSO was G3YXM before noise level made such contacts impossible.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm