LF: loops etc

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: loops etc
From: "g3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 18:42:44 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All.
Bob/ZL2CA in a recent message makes the same observations about grounded
dipoles ie grounded loops in use in NZealand as I did in my experiments.
Avoid such antennas if possible especially on 137 khz for transmitting.
Even on receive they do not have the potential of a verticlal system.
If you are stuck for space or other reasons and have to use any sort of
loop on MF/LF then you must realize your limitations, and be content
with limited communications distance.
Often when a qso takes place between a station that is either qrp or has
a poor antenna it is the other station with a better/larger antenna that
is doing all the work, same on HF.
73 de Mal/G3KEV