LF: Re: Signal Strength vs. Distance Updated

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Signal Strength vs. Distance Updated
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 08:06:55 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave, G3YXM wrote:

I think the -90dB signal within the G/GW elipse is actually HB9ASB.<

right you are, so dont'worry, he is not within the British competition ... find the hidden SM station ... ;-)
BTW(1): just changed the picture slightly, added 10 dB lines to make each
missing dB better readable ...

BTW(2): If you want to know where I stand in this graph (well, at least I
wanted to know ...): Klaus from Berlin has measured my signal and compared
it to DCF39. He is approximately the same distance from DCF39 as I am (120
km), only in the other direction. He receives DCF39 with -41 dBu, and me,
who is 226 km away, with -110 dBu. That puts me approximately to -92
dBu@226 km (somewhere in the middle of the German crowd (no, not Kraut)
...).

So, let Dick, PA0SE be the wise independant man in the centre of Europe:
what did you come up wit, Dick?

73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)
http://www.qru.de