LF: The 137.0 signal ??? more

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: The 137.0 signal ??? more
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 02:11:05 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers,

I had the opportunity to listen to the mystery signal on 137 kHz this
morning for a couple of minutes. As already stated here by Dave, it is
definetely not a fax signal. It seems to be a kind of multiplexed data
signal. There is no real carrier, only an accumulation of data points
centered on 136.990 kHz, according to my measurements and about +/- 30 Hz
wide, as already observed by Alan. The signal strength here this morning
around 05.00 UTC was -97 dBu (compared to DCF39 -23 dBu), which makes it
even somewhat stronger than CFH was last year.

Lets see what we find out  ...

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)
http://www.qru.de