Re: LF: HB9ASB QRT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: HB9ASB QRT
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:54:05 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Toni

Unfortunately I lost my LF-antenna in the storm and it is not to repair.
May be I will come back one day in the next millennium. In the meantime
I wish you all a happy new year and good DX.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your antenna - your signal will be missed on the band. It has provided us all with encouraging LF signal reports in the very early days and QSOs ever since (My first 2 way 136 QSO with HB9ASB was on 5/8/98). I'm sure that I am not alone in encouraging you to become active again on LF.

Toni's continuously loaded vertical antenna, using a top-band dipole as a capacity top, is described in the LF Chapter of the RSGB Communication Handbook.

This antenna was also used in a 73kHz/136kHz cross band slow CW QSO on 9/3/99.

A happy YK2 to you all

Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>