LF: CRAB POT SPINNERS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: CRAB POT SPINNERS
From: "malcolmg3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:10:54 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All. Crab Pot Spinners alias  INSULATORS. These are available at
marine suppliers and are ideal for insulators. They are white and appear
to be made from a plastic type material and look like a dog bone.
There are two sizes.
1. 60mm long, 25mm wide, 10mm wide with eyes at each  end to attach
antennas.
2. 80mm long, 30mm wide, 15mm wide.
The cost is 35 p and 45 pence respectively and are ideal for the LF
antenna experimenter where high voltages occur. I use these devices and
have not suffered any MELT  down situations over the past several years.
If anyone needs such devices and cannot get them locally, especially
land locked experimenters, I will try and help.
I have modified my antenna system and now have 3 inverted L systems in
parallel.
Each one is 32 metres vertical and each one has an 80 metre top section.
The three converge at the bottom of my  tower, to a common connector,
which is connected to the top of my base loading inductor, the  bottom
of which is connected to my ground/radial system. This inductor is
configured to match a 50 ohm coax feed to the shack which is located 50
meters away and matches the TX/RX 50 ohms. The system is tuned on the
nose for a 1:1 swr at the desired operating frequency.
73 de Mal/G3KEV